Husky winch mount ideas

bluespanner

Evening all

So I've got my shiny new winch home, now i need to attach it to the truck.

I was examining an EON 110 with a husky on it at Tesco garage the other day, and it seems that the winch is mounted A) quite low down and B) on the 4 underneath bolts and by sandwiching the bumper between the winch and the fairlead?

What I wonder is do you have to have metal behind the fairlead, or can you just use the four bolts underneath?

What I want to do is weld a plate ontop of the chassis, then bolt through from underneath.

Any thoughts, advice or crazy ideas welcome :D

Roland

The mountings for a husky are the bolts underneath the fairlead mounts are just to hold the fairlead in place and are not mounting bolts.

David sells a Flat bed mounting plate or a Winch bumper for the Husky.

They do tend to stick out quite far though so a bespoke bumper may be required.

First Four Sell some variants to.

my LR Standard Husky bumper, the fairlead can be bolted direct to the winch as well if required.

bumper to chassis attachments are the 4 standard bumper bolt locations & 2 arms on the underside to the transport tiedown/JATE ring bolts.good & strong never given me any problems.

1st photo is my truck, 2nd photo mine & Earl's old 110 also with a husky winch but a different bumper mounting.3rd pic shows how far it sticks out, not given me any problems.

post-20-126047057968_thumb.jpg

post-20-126047094509_thumb.jpg

post-20-126047100214_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well folks, i reinvented the wheel, welded a plate imbetween my dumb irons and to the front crossmember, and bolted said winch to that. Then i cut the middle out of my tubular bumper and bolted that over the top.

So alls cool, and my approach angle is no different to what it was before!

Result :D

Roland