how to dismantle rrc

moore101

I currently have, sat in my back garden, a 1992 range rover classic with no axles (have put them onto my lightweight).

I am now in a position where i need to get rid of the rangie but not being able to move it in one lump is a slight problem.

So i pose the question: how do i dismantle it into smaller manhandable parts?

I'd rather not set to body panels with an angle grinder as apart from one split in the front left wing the other panels look pretty straight.

also, if anybodys interested in any parts off of it then everything is there as far as im aware apart from:

axles (springs and arms are all still there)

engine & gearbox

hope someone can point me in the right direction as apparently its no longer a good garden ornament!

AL

Take off the doors, tailgates, bonnet and wings. Remove the remainder of the glass by cutting the seals. The rest can be cut into smaller parts with a grinder/gas axe/plasma cutter so that they are movable by hand. Not really that much to it...

Take off the doors, tailgates, bonnet and wings.

If you've got the grinder/gas axe/plasma cutter out then just cut off the doors, tailgates etc. A 9" angle grinder is the way forward. Cut the front body off in front of the bulkhead, cut the rear off through the rear door opening, cut the rest in half through the opening for the front doors. That should leave it in managable bits!

green 1992 diesel.

doors off, open to offers on them, complete with hinges and all glass, no dents or scratches that i can see.

radiators out, open to offers on them aswell.

i need everything gone so parts are available dirt cheap

how do the front wings come off? would rather not cut them but angle grinder is coming out tomorrow once ive stripped everything from around engine to cut it out.

AL

to take the front wings off remove the front doors and it'll become evident what you need to undoe there are also screw fasteners along the top of the wing ,the easiest way to cut up the front end is the narrowest part where the shock turrets sit air hacksaw makes easy meat of it there , couple of body mount bolts at the front to undoe and you can lift of most of the front /wiring and small stuff