jacking

Gents

I have question that has been asked before about jacks, but in browsing the previous answers / suggestions i haven't found a jack that looks of.

I current use a 2Ton trolley jack and place under the axle diffs, however as we all know when you start due to its offset position one side jacks up very much quicker than the other thus getting both wheels off the ground is in my opinion a little dangerous, lifting not in the centre means that the jack has an offset loading, i'm worried with my current jack that its all a bit unsteady and one day the jack will fall over.

Thus i wanted to buy a better suited jack, by which i mean one with a wider base to give more stability.

I've been in screwfix, halfords and they all have similar offerings. The only dragmatically better unit appears to be the £99 professional jack in halfords.

Thus being a man thats carefull with his money - i would like to avoid this much expense.

Does anybody have any suggestions of better ways to jack / a good reasonably price jack

Cheers in advance.