Microcat and Windows 7

Hybrid_From_Hell

Yes, via emulation. Microcat (being horrendously old underneath) does not like x64 platforms.

I use Windows Virtual PC (although other apps will do it) to run Microcat in a virtual Windows XP install:

post-10578-126161435822_thumb.jpg

If you wish Nige I can talk you through setting it up that way, all you need is a valid XP license (from an old PC etc), the Virtual PC software itself is free these days :)

Yes, but I found that trying to run Microcat through it was a pain and far more trouble than it's worth.

Because it runs on a virtual Machine, the 'XP PC' loads up in about 5 - 10 seconds, so it's no more bother really than having Microcat installed locally.

The 'XP mode' feature still has to load the emulation environment anyhow, I just found it didn't get on with the aged Microcat system.

need to run it in XP SP2 compatability mode. It does run, but you seem to have to manually run it in this mode as it seems to not remember the seetting when you try to save them.

From memory, right click on mcat and click compatability.

Cheers

Paul