Have I got enough girth?

Hi all,

Im looking at 305/70 r16s tyres for my 110, they will clear the arches due to the mods already done, however I was wondering what is the recommended rim width and what's the narrowest rim width it could fit on??

Also....

What's the widest tyre i can get onto a boost alloy safely??

Is my girlfriend actually right saying 8 inches is not enough??! :P

:D

Thanks in advance

Grant

Hi all,

Im looking at 305/70 r16s tyres for my 110, they will clear the arches due to the mods already done, however I was wondering what is the recommended rim width and what's the narrowest rim width it could fit on??

Also....

What's the widest tyre i can get onto a boost alloy safely??

Is my girlfriend actually right saying 8 inches is not enough??! :P

:D

Thanks in advance

Grant

Recommended rim width for the above tyre is 9.0".

However, it will go on a 8.0" - 9.5" wide rim.

Is the "Boost Alloy" 8.0"? if so the above tyre is the widest that will go on it.

So your girlfriend is right, strictly speaking. :rolleyes:

HTH,

Mark.

So your girlfriend is right, strictly speaking. :rolleyes:

HTH,

Mark.

I hate it when there right... :P

Does anyone know how wide a boost is?

I have boost and deep dishes, so either is useable i thought they were the same width though, possibly 7.5, could you squeeze one on there?

Thanks

Grant

I hate it when there right... :P

Does anyone know how wide a boost is?

I have boost and deep dishes, so either is useable i thought they were the same width though, possibly 7.5, could you squeeze one on there?

Thanks

Grant

If the wheel is less than 8.0" I wouldn't recommend fitting the above tyre onto it.

Mark.

All LR Defender/Discovery 1 original alloys are 7x16 - the above tyre is too wide. I do know somebody who fitted 33x12.50R15 (same height/width but for 15" rim) onto 7x15 Toyota rims and it looked very dodgy to me, the sidewalls were pulled in much too far.

If you want a set of alloys, Compomotive ATs are available in 8.5x16 and look absolutely delicious but a set will be ££££££££££! I am not sure if 8x16 steels are available - probably - can't say I have ever looked. I think that strictly speaking the minimum width for a 305 section is probably 8.5 inch anyway not 8.0 inch, the BFG tyre website has (or had) downloads for the tyres which tell you the min rim width for each size. In practice 8x16 will be fine though.

As for the widest you can get onto a 7x16 Boost - 265/75R16 is fine (and it's what I run on my Freestyles on the 110), at a squeeze you could get 285/75R16 on which are the same height as the 305/70R16 (about 33") but are narrower.