torque wrenches :)

discomikey

okay, what torque range would i need to get in a torque wrench, mainly working on land rovers, preferably 1/2" drive, can be 3/8" but i do work on tractors aswell and small cars.

also, any reccomedations?

i had a quick look at the Clarke CHT141 ranges from 28-210nm and it 1/2" drive, also comes with 3/8"stepdown. but the price worries me. its £20, is that too cheap?

hi, and thanks, but britool are still quite expensive, im looking at around £30-£50. just a manual non didital one. it wont get used overly often being as i work on tractors and land rovers mostly, ill just use it for stuff like cylinder heads etc.

Halfords Advanced would be my best-buy on a budget......... The 1/2" drive one I have goes down to 20 which is about as low as things get other than 6lb/ft for the rocker cover bolts!!

I also have the 3/8" one for the small stuff, so the big one only really gets used for major work...

i got quite a lot halfords advanced pro, good tools int they. made by bluepoint (snapon)

so there basically the cheap cheap snapon, my boss has had his set from there for 10 years. mine are nearly spankers new so i still have to test them but so far so good :). i suppose it would match most of my tools and my chest :P

worth looking on ebay for a good second hand torque wrench, I managed to pick up a recently calibrate snap-on dial wrench for 40quid, lovely it is too, have the biggest halfords one too which is also great.

Don't buy the cheap bendy bar types on ebay, they a massively inaccurate

i got quite a lot halfords advanced pro, good tools int they. made by bluepoint (snapon)

so there basically the cheap cheap snapon, my boss has had his set from there for 10 years. mine are nearly spankers new so i still have to test them but so far so good :). i suppose it would match most of my tools and my chest :P

No fraid it isn't snap-on!

Halfords tools are made by Danaher.