200Tdi starter in standard 2.25D

tiagoc

The engine starter on my standard SIII 2.25D (3 main bearings) seems to be wanting some attention. I was told the starters from the 200tdi are a good replacement for mine, because they are a direct replacement part (no adapting needed) and have more "power" than the Series standard one.

Is this true? Has anyone made this change, and able to share some info on the result?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

If the 200TDi starter is the same fitting as the 2.5 NA starter, then yes it should fit. I have a 2.5 NA starter on mine.

In that case....

Is the 2.25d starter a straight swap onto a 200TDi...??

Saves me buying one for my conversion if it is.. :-)

Cheers

Pete

Has it 2 bolts? In that case, it wont fit, the tdi or 2.5 d/td have 3 holes on a different pitch.

I know that the petrol 2.25 starter wont go on a 2.5 d/td/tdi, but never had a 2.25 diesel myself.

Daan

Has it 2 bolts? In that case, it wont fit, the tdi or 2.5 d/td have 3 holes on a different pitch.

I know that the petrol 2.25 starter wont go on a 2.5 d/td/tdi, but never had a 2.25 diesel myself.

Daan

Daan

The 2.25D has 3 bolts so I'm good to go I think

Cheers]

Pete