Worn Door Hinges

tuko

The door hinges on the Hybrid are well and truly past their best days with the drivers door becoming a pain to close. :angry:

Looking at the hinge it looks perfectly fine, but the pin in the center is whats causing the problems. Searching around in the internet I've not been able to find any replacement pins, so I'm wondering if anybody has seen such a thing for the door hinges? Or has anybody done a home brew conversion that has worked and being cheaper than buying the entire hinge.

Looking at the picture below, I can't see why replacement pins could be made, or is there something that I'm over looking??

Todd.

post-194-12676648339_thumb.jpg

You would be tempted to think that there are indeed replacement pins but no I have been told that it is impossible to replace the hinge pins. And from the looks of it, it seems to me those pins are pressed into the hinge, and removing them will probably damage the housing, basically destroying the hinge...

The subject of hinges came up very recently.....I think somewhere within that thread someone posted a link to a site where a guy had modded his hinge pins?

I'll have a look for you..

Edited to add: Found it CLICKY

Ja I seen that topic a few weeks ago, but never looked back as they went on about the + 300£ priced hinges. That link to ORRP is right up my ally though, I can't see that not working and it really didn't look too difficult to do.( as long as you can drill straight :lol: )

Todd.

Ja I seen that topic a few weeks ago, but never looked back as they went on about the + 300£ priced hinges. That link to ORRP is right up my ally though, I can't see that not working and it really didn't look too difficult to do.( as long as you can drill straight laugh.gif )

Todd.

tongue.gif Some love simplicity and yes those hinges look pretty!!!! I know 3 other fellows who's bought them... wink.gifwink.gif

The door hinges on the Hybrid are well and truly past their best days with the drivers door becoming a pain to close. :angry:

Looking at the hinge it looks perfectly fine, but the pin in the center is whats causing the problems. Searching around in the internet I've not been able to find any replacement pins, so I'm wondering if anybody has seen such a thing for the door hinges? Or has anybody done a home brew conversion that has worked and being cheaper than buying the entire hinge.

Looking at the picture below, I can't see why replacement pins could be made, or is there something that I'm over looking??

Todd.

A replacement set will cost around £30/40, these were pattern parts on ebay, have a look under defender hinges might be useful to you good luck.

Todd,

You really ought to pay more attention to the SLRK magazin. There was an excellent write up there a while ago about modifying hinges. :ph34r::D

Oh ja,

Tell me what issue and I'll dig it up. ;)

Todd.

Hicapster,

thanks for the tips on Defender hinges, I'll look.

I do have an extra set of worn out hinges on an old series bulkhead in the garage and was planning to attack them with the drill this weekend to see how much of a disaster I can do to them. :lol: If that fails, then its eBlag. :rolleyes:

Todd.