Diff Guards for Salisbuy axles

leeds

I`ve got a QT rear plate gaurd, to protect the guts of the diff.

I hav`nt really seen any good salisbury ones that don`t look like a ground anchor.

With the salisbury being quite a beefy diff you can get away with a bit more of a hammering than the rover ones.

Guest diesel_jim

I just won one off eBlag, it's a thick (like 13mm) plate that runs over the bulge in the tin cover plate from top to bottom, with a couple of small bits welded on that line up (i hope!) with the bolts that hold on said tin plate.

i plan to get some more 13mm stuff and weld it on, to make a "cover" for the whole of the bottom half of the tin plate.

like cols110 says, the front of the axle is pretty beefy anyway, you'd have to really be giving it some welly to break that! B)

Southdown do a salisbury diff guard that wraps round underneath like the QT rover axle guards, but not really necessary on a salisbury IMHO unless you are planning in giving it some realy serious abuse. QT do a nice guard for the bottom half of teh diff pan, or you can get strip type guards for the pan tha the likes of Rebel 4x4 sell.

• 2 years later...