All Wheel Driver

JST

Is All Wheel Driver something to do with AWDC ?

if so, does it mention anything about world domination in there re the AWDC desire to impose it's daft regs on all MSA challenges ?

What is it with their obsession with side exit exhausts ? Do they have "problems" with them at night at their events in areas where there aren't enough sheep ?

Is All Wheel Driver something to do with AWDC ?

if so, does it mention anything about world domination in there re the AWDC desire to impose it's daft regs on all MSA challenges ?

What is it with their obsession with side exit exhausts ? Do they have "problems" with them at night at their events in areas where there aren't enough sheep ?

The side exit exhaust regulation is an AWDC reg not an MSA one as you well know.

We have not submitted or requested any Technical Regulation changes to the MSA.

If you've ever stood at the side of an over-fuelled diesel when the driver stamps on the loud pedal perhaps you'd understand why a faceful of fumes is not pleasant.

And I don't understand your last sentence.

DaveW

which are daft regs?

I cannot see MSA cages as Daft really even though mine won't comply

Side exit exhausts are as Neil says horrible when you cop a mouthful of any exhaust fumes worse if diesel.

I can't understand the last bit either is it some form of humor?

The AWDC seem to have submitted their current technical regulations to the MSA Cross Country committee for possible inclusion as mandatory MSA technical regs for all MSA challenge events. It's being discussed at the next meeting and hopefully kicked directly into touch. i was interested to know if this is mentioned in their magazine or is being done by someone off their own bat as it were.

Side exit exhausts are that important they need banning ??? Do they really need to take it to the MSA Cross Country Committee to get them outlawed from all MSA challenge events ??? i really couldn't care less what the AWDC want to do for their own events but I object when they seem to want to impose their rules on other clubs.

The last bit of my post was indeed supposed to be humerous, I guess you had to be there.

I agree, ban all over fuelled diesels :) <<< warning that bit is also supposed to be humorous, although, now I come to think of it...

Once again your mole in the MSA CCC has been feeding you duff information :(

I will quote you the exact wording from an email I received from Ian Davis at the MSA

"I would be grateful if Neil would circulate the current AWDC Technical Regulations, as these are the most developed SRs in an MSA recognised format and would provide an ideal basis for our deliberation."

We are not trying to impose our regulations on other clubs, personally I would rather the Tech Regs were left as loose as the Supplementary Regs to allow each club to make up their own minds what standards they wish to adopt.

Once again your mole in the MSA CCC has been feeding you duff information :(

I will quote you the exact wording from an email I received from Ian Davis at the MSA

"I would be grateful if Neil would circulate the current AWDC Technical Regulations, as these are the most developed SRs in an MSA recognised format and would provide an ideal basis for our deliberation."

We are not trying to impose our regulations on other clubs, personally I would rather the Tech Regs were left as loose as the Supplementary Regs to allow each club to make up their own minds what standards they wish to adopt.

Thanks for that Neil, a lot clearer now and apologies to all for assuming it was AWDC originated, the technical regs were simply emailed around to everyone with the AWDC heading. It's a bit worrying that Ian seems to be looking around for technical regs now, hopefully, as you say, they'll decide to leave things as they are.