Microcat query

Hello computer men!

I have a downloaded copy of the earlier Microcat. Running it requires the computer's

date/time to be reset. On returning to present time, my anti virus/security system

insists on doing a scan and backup apparently fooled into thinking they haven't been

done for 4 years.

I have downloaded "Runs a date" but now I'm lost! Having spent the first years of my

working life using 7 figure log tables these newfangled computer things are still a

bit of a mystery to me.

Can some kind (and patient!) person please tell me in SIMPLE terms how to make these

programmes interact, as I get rather lost with terms such as"applications" "folders"

"files" etc!

I would be very gratefull for any advice offered.

Hi Briarston,

I dont know what version you are using but the best thing is to use a small utility (MCLRE) written which puts your time back, opens Microcat then sets the time back again automatically. I havent ever had a problem with AV or time issues.

If you browse through Retroanacondas site located in the post here you can get the downloads from his site. A good rake around should get you what you want.

Im not at home at the moment to confirm the details of the utility but someone else maybe able to confirm.

Incidentaly if you want to search for things in the forum rather than use the inbuilt search engine (the previous one was better) go to google and enter the following in the search bar:

site:forums.lrx4.com +searchnamehere +othersearchnamehere

for example searching for an alloy wheel for a 90 you could enter the following then hit search:

site:forums.lr4x4.com +alloy +wheel +90

The result will bring you back results and links to the item on the forum.

For Microcat you could enter:

site:forums.lr4x4.com +microcat +download

Hope This Helps.

Regards

G :)

Hi Briarston,

I dont know what version you are using but the best thing is to use a small utility (MCLRE) written which puts your time back, opens Microcat then sets the time back again automatically. I havent ever had a problem with AV or time issues.

If you browse through Retroanacondas site located in the post here you can get the downloads from his site. A good rake around should get you what you want.

Im not at home at the moment to confirm the details of the utility but someone else maybe able to confirm.

Incidentaly if you want to search for things in the forum rather than use the inbuilt search engine (the previous one was better) go to google and enter the following in the search bar:

site:forums.lrx4.com +searchnamehere +othersearchnamehere

for example searching for an alloy wheel for a 90 you could enter the following then hit search:

site:forums.lr4x4.com +alloy +wheel +90

The result will bring you back results and links to the item on the forum.

For Microcat you could enter:

site:forums.lr4x4.com +microcat +download

Hope This Helps.

Regards

G :)

Thanks very much! I'll do a bit more delving.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I have a genuine licensed June 2010 version of Microcat along with the dongle and I still cant get the bloody thing to work. I have had to install an emulator on windows 7 machine to run XP SP3 which took hours of messing around and it will still only start 50% of the time and that is only if I have one of the CD's in the drive and the dongle plugged in. Bloody ridiculous bit of kit.

Thanks for the heads up :) I can't download this for the next week, but is it used instead of microcat or with it ?

Cheers

G

Install the backdate program and open,select a new profile call it microcat and "point" the backdate program to mclre.exe located in the usually C: mclre folder, tell it that it is a date inside the month of the

microcat version you have eg 03/10 tell it the date is say 15/03/2010 and when it opens the exe then microcat always believes the date is that date in the computer even when it is not , sometimes you will

get an error on microcat startup saying update wait and it will clear and go through to the program

you need of course to use the Crack file mg16.dll from memory and install this

• 2 weeks later...