EFi injectors

zoltan

If you are using the standard EFi injectors with the standard resistor pack do you set the PWM Time Threshold to 25.4 msec, and the

PWM Current Limit to 100%?

The injectors are from a 3.5 EFi flapper and measure in around 4 ohms

If you are using the standard EFi injectors with the standard resistor pack do you set the PWM Time Threshold to 25.4 msec, and the

The injectors are from a 3.5 EFi flapper and measure in around 4 ohms

zoltan, HFH and I have had a small chat about injectors and flapper injectors came up... The general opinion was to fit later hot wire injectors and save your self a lot of trouble. I'm sure HFH and others will be along to give full explanations later but it's the resistor pack that's the problem.

jeff

Thanks.

I brought home from work a manifold with a pair of SU's to hang over the ECU tonight, just so that it knows it is for the chop if it doesn't behave.

Shame if they can't be used as I have now three sets of them :(

Yes, because the resistor pack makes them look like high impedance ones to the MegaSquirt. If you removed the resistor pack you'd need set PWM up.

• 3 weeks later...

I've never seen a resistor pack die, ever, on many vehicles. If you have them fitted, leave them. One thing that I have noticed is that low impedance injectors with packs have larger dead time then when PWM'd or compared to high impedance.

I've never seen a resistor pack die, ever, on many vehicles. If you have them fitted, leave them. One thing that I have noticed is that low impedance injectors with packs have larger dead time then when PWM'd or compared to high impedance.

Die ? - No I agree

BUT

The molex plug / socket is one of the nastyest Lucas made, and is hugely prone

to damp / water / connection probs if used in mud / water

Nige