Defender A/c installation

I got caught in school traffic yesterday in my truck.

It was so hot I thought I was going to pass out, not a breath blowing and over 90F.

I need A/C in my Defender.

This is what I have found so far;

http://www.carbuildersolutions.co.uk/acheat.htm

and

http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product/listing/4168/DA2342R-AIR-CONDITIONING-KIT-DEFENDER-90-110-300-TDI-RHD.html?limit=0&search=fuse&page=1

Anyone have experience with this?

Where will the condensing radiator fit?

Thanks.

i've always wondered about stealing one of them small refrigeration units that sit on the roof of small box vans and estates - like hte little ford and citreon vans.

they look really small and totally self contained and obviously work well at keeping stuff arctic cool for delivery vans. Wonder how hard it would be to patch one onto the roof of a 90 and run some strategic air ductings along the inside of the roof to the front, middle and back of the truck?

i've always wondered about stealing one of them small refrigeration units that sit on the roof of small box vans and estates - like hte little ford and citreon vans.

they look really small and totally self contained and obviously work well at keeping stuff arctic cool for delivery vans. Wonder how hard it would be to patch one onto the roof of a 90 and run some strategic air ductings along the inside of the roof to the front, middle and back of the truck?

Isnt that how the red-dot ones work?

http://www.rdac.com/

Thats Karma for living in the Bahams!!!!biggrin.gif there is a simple answer take the truck cab off and get a fold down windscreen, and removal door tops.

on a serious note I have the OE version of the A/C the under dash type they are very good at keeping your knees cool but not the greatest A/C units in the world...

Jason.

Wish it was as simple as that. Most van top fridges have an engine driven compressor. Those that are completely self contained are electric and not the most efficient. The type of A/C you see on motorhomes are 240volt units running from an inverter. Not simple or practical in your every day landy.