disco 300tdi fuelling problems PLEASE HELP ME

dazwell24

hey there hope some of you guys can help me i have recently bought a 300tdi disco and all was fine apart from leaking oil like a sive lol but i have encounted a fuelling problem its intermitant when it happens it sends the engine into stall and just stays there you can put your foot on the gas and does nothing u just have to wait for it to either cut out or stop please help me as its becoming more and more common i have checked derv filters and pipes for any air getting in and nothing its driving me nuts ANY IDEAS AND REMEDIES please guys many thanks dazwell24

hey there hope some of you guys can help me i have recently bought a 300tdi disco and all was fine apart from leaking oil like a sive lol but i have encounted a fuelling problem its intermitant when it happens it sends the engine into stall and just stays there you can put your foot on the gas and does nothing u just have to wait for it to either cut out or stop please help me as its becoming more and more common i have checked derv filters and pipes for any air getting in and nothing its driving me nuts ANY IDEAS AND REMEDIES please guys many thanks dazwell24

Many years ago i had a similar problem with a car which turned out to be, wait for this, A sweet wrapper in the fuel tank !! and intermittently would block the fuel outlet. When the car had been stopped it floated free and then the car would start again, only to occur again at some random time, sometimes once a month, sometimes twice a day... Just an off the wall Idea which it may well be, a blockage...

Hope you find the problem, i know it drove me mad..

Or try looking at the fuel filter and see if it has the rubber gasket where the fuel filter screws onto the fuel filter housing (there should be two one large and one small)-when you take the fuel filter off you have to unscrew it from the housing attached to the bulkhead once you've unscrewed it look at the top centre of fuel filter-in the middle when you look at it from the top of the filter there should be what looks like a rubber ring attached to the centre hole if this is not there then check where it screws onto the housing on the threaded part if it's not there that will cause an air leak into the fuel system

HTH

John

lol sweet wrapper thats very unlucky but i will have to take the tank off and have a look when she is almost empty i thinks many thanks discofan

No need if i remember right. There should be a round panel that unscrews from the boot floor & you can then lift out the fuel pick up from the tank & inspect it.

At least I'm sure that was right on the 200Tdi I used to have.

I have heard of fuel lines up near the tank rotting away & causing airleaks into the fuel. They never seem to leak due to the suction so hard to find.

• 1 year later...

Hi, If you've ruled out the fuel system being air locked then i think it could be the spider going faulty, this will throw in the immobliser randomly, all you can do is wait? If these are the symptoms then look there.

I hope it helps

Mike