LT230 sump with gear pump

uninformed

hey all,

Ill try and attach a picture.

i have seen a sump for the LT230 transfer case that has a gear pump built into it, which i assume is for pumping oil around the box or mabye an oil cooler???

would be good to find out exactly what it is and who makes it

cheers,

Serg

post-2584-12753906981_thumb.jpg

I'm pretty sure its for a cooler - i'm sure i've seen that pic on here before. I have considered doing something similar as a cheap way of adding cooling to my transmission to effectivley keep my overdrive cooler by dissipating heat from the transfer box. If anyone knows where the pump kit comes from i'd loke to know.

Yep seen them, yes they do have "cooling fins" and yes they increase the oil cap....but cooling fins work better with air flowing over them....not alot of air moving in first low when most heat is being created...especially with 49% reduction

Yep seen them, yes they do have "cooling fins" and yes they increase the oil cap....but cooling fins work better with air flowing over them....not alot of air moving in first low when most heat is being created...especially with 49% reduction

:huh: Roger... I think I will bow out gracefully out of this thread...

But before I totally do,

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=28589&st=20 - previous disscusion including original pic

Evidently its for a LT95... says MR FRIDGE.

Thanks Maverik,

lt95 would make sense due to their wide application and milatry use.

btw im in Qld Australia and our summers do get hot which doesnt help

Why not use a 12v circulating pump to a cooler and just tap 2 pipe fittings into the t/box case , pick up at bottom of box and return at fill level?

cheers

Steveb

becasue if the above picture was available for the lt230 it would be a good simple solution......damn, most of the elecs are touch and go in a LR so why add more....

.........well a quick google reveals 12v oil pumps £50 - £120 add another £100 for pipes and a cooler matrix, job done.

And none of these pumps are Lucas :lol:

There is usually more than one way to solve most things.

cheers

Steveb