Mannesman Electronic Hand Throttle

kingrat

Ok, I've not seen this before, but I've finally found out what the little white box inside the drivers side of the seat box is. Unfortunatly its been cut on the links on the control box and one link appears to be missing. Thing is with a 6 KW invertor now fitted it might be nice to get this working however I can not find anything to date to suggest how the wiring post ECU should work.

Anyone know of this device?

Is it connected to the vehicle ECU?

If I were going to build such a thing - I would probably interrupt the connection from the throttle potentiometers to the ECU with a switch which connects a control knob in it's place - so the hand throttle may not be all that complicated.

Do you have photos? Have you opened up the box?

Si

Bear in mind a Td5 has both 2 and 3 track throttle pots according to age and the signals have to agree otherwise it will sulk. I would have thought the easiest way would be to start with a Td5 throttle pot assy and just alter the physical side of it to be attached to a hand throttle. Not sure if the ECU will fault when you change them over or not.

I'll post some Photo's of this over the weekend depending on how much I get called out.

Yes it wires into the ECU loom interupting the wiring path on the black plug. It clearly states that the unit is a hand throttle on the body. I think that photo's will help here. I'll also get it opened up and post photo's of the internals.

Where do the two cables coming out connect to?

Assuming they go to the ECU - I would guess at the 6 pin connector being to the equivalent of the throttle pedal - two ganged potentiometers. The three pin will be on/off or hand throttle / foot throttle.

Do you fancy measuring the voltages on each of the pins on the connectors with respect to the vehicle ground?

Si

Where do the two cables coming out connect to?

Assuming they go to the ECU - I would guess at the 6 pin connector being to the equivalent of the throttle pedal - two ganged potentiometers. The three pin will be on/off or hand throttle / foot throttle.

Do you fancy measuring the voltages on each of the pins on the connectors with respect to the vehicle ground?

Si

getting good with the double posts today Si.

Yes you guess correctly with the connector. I'll post a pic tomoz. Cannot get to a multimeter until after the weekend, unless I manage to catch my neighbour to get him to lend me one from his garage.

If I'm luck I'll get the voltages as well as the pic.

I can also try to figure out the pins and wiring if you are interested in looking at developing something similar.