is this chequer plate kit any good

the wing tops are the only bits I would use, but the rest is just overkill, those wingtops don't look like the forward end is rolled to match the vehicle panel curve.

i know i know it is but id probly use most of the kit especialy the sills as there oxadising so bad and looks rubish, the wing tops look funny why are they not a rounded shape like they are on most websites??

I've just fitted a set of chequer plate wing tops over the weekend. Mine were also no rolled at the front, but sit quite nicely just before the roll of the front wing.

I did use a pot of black hammerite to paint them with, as I didn't want 'bling' but something to stand on when loading the front of the roof rack!

Being alloy the will bend quite easily anyway.

Time will tell if I made the right move.

IIRC my ones are 2mm thick, got them from Rebel4x4 [before they changed to that name] about 10 years ago, haven't had any problem with the bosdy panel under it bending, use a sealant around the edgeds to keep moisture out & prevent corrosion starting under them.

I wouldn't recommend using sealant. A small hole somewhere and there'll be a cavity full of water under the plate. An alloy panel that's held on with alloy rivets to an alloy panel ain't going to rust anytime soon, so I wouldn't even consider that as a potential problem.

Les.

I wouldn't recommend using sealant. A small hole somewhere and there'll be a cavity full of water under the plate. An alloy panel that's held on with alloy rivets to an alloy panel ain't going to rust anytime soon, so I wouldn't even consider that as a potential problem.

Les.

thanks mate i will keep this in minde whn i eventualy buy some plates