Temp gauge sender thread

Dose anyone know the size of thread that is used on a temp sender on a 2.5 diesel, the reason I want to know is that i want to fit a new sender to my Isuzu 2.8 and I reckon the 2.5 should be a match to the gauge. The 5/8 UNF one from a Mini fits but gives a hot reading, and i see a 2.5 Land Rover one on sale but don't know if it's 5/8 UNF.

Ronnie

You'll need an adaptor to fit into the 5/8" UNF thread in the engine.

I got one from here:

https://www.europaspares.com/GAUGES/SENDER_ADAPTORS__ETC/1_8_NPT_FEMALE_ADAPTORS_TO_SUIT_MALE_IMPERIAL_BLOCK_THREADS_2020.html

But a lot of places sell them, as the majority of after market gauges use 1/8" NPT senders (although for some of the higher end ranges, VDO etc, they do a range of fitments).

Got a horrid feeling the sender for my Durite gauge I have ordered won't fit... 1/8" NPTF sender according to the blurb. Can I modify it to fit do you think??

you can make an adaptor from the old 200tdi 5/8unf sender like this 1/8npt adaptor done this twice now for mine & Mo Murphy's Td5 instrument conversions, works well.