Doors

The same old topic of door corrosion - I was told the other day from a landy man with far superior knowledge than I that you can rejuvinate a rotton box section of a door by packing wire mesh into whatever you have left of the box section and fibre glass over it - forming a new reinforced section which will be strong enough to do the job. Being a complete, and I mean a COMPLETE novice, I started looking on the forums and website to see if anyone else has done it but to no avail. Has anyone else done this and to what level of success? - many thanks again, Kevin

The same old topic of door corrosion - I was told the other day from a landy man with far superior knowledge than I that you can rejuvinate a rotton box section of a door by packing wire mesh into whatever you have left of the box section and fibre glass over it - forming a new reinforced section which will be strong enough to do the job.

Kevin,

Having just read the above :blink: I'd question this chaps far superior knowledge !

As Ralph says above cut out the rusty part and weld a new bit in it, it's probably less work than fibreglassing !

Mo

I found an awesome repair on my drivers door I just replaced, it consisted of a kallogs corn flake box section covered in a think super strong covering of body filler. looked ace, hats off to the guy that did it, must have taken him hours. i only found it as I got curious with my hammer, as it looked better than the rest of the door ;)

The repair sections look fine. However. They surely do not get around the fact that ali/steel will still always corrode further down the road?

My buddy who works with ships reckons he has a solution derived from yacht world, datacouple i think is name.