200tdi oil cooler

jad

Hi

I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on bypassing the oil cooler in a ccv trialler? Its an 80 inch 200tdi and will be used purely off road. We would plumb it in if the radiator was in the front..... but since its not it makes things a little harder.

My thinking was since its gonna be an off roader its not going to be gunning along at motorway speeds at constant high revs and therefore the oil should not get as hot as it normally would. How much can the oil cooler actually do anyway? As i understand it, on a 200 its only a pipe running through the colder side of the radiator through the coolant inside? Does anyone know any different?

We were thinking of either bypassing the cooler and just looping it round or having pipes made up to go to the rear of the vehicle. Another option would be to get a small independent oil cooler for it but I would prefer not to do this.

Your thoughts and experiences would be appreciated

cheers

James

just loop the cooler out at the front, on our 100" tdi trialer that is tripple driven @ each event it can get bloody hot when the old girl is working hard in the mud with the throttle wide open

Hi

What do you mean by loop it out at the front? there is nothing to loop it through, as the rad is in the back.

can anyone confirm if the auto box cooler has the same fittings? would be a cheaper way of installing a cooler

cheers

James

your locle hydrolic dealer would be able to make you up two pipe to run to the back with out any problem

running them on the inside up hi on the chassie thay'll be out of harms way

or see if you can pick up a small oil cooler to fit under the bonnet(ebay) :unsure:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Range-Rover-P38-4-6-Petrol-Oil-Cooler-/260649792132?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM