radiator hose

callum

does anyone know of an aftermarket flexible radiator hose that is sold in a decent length?

i found some ages ago after hitting halfords to see what they had (and surprise surprise failing miserably) i looked up the name on the internet, followed some lines of enquiry and eventually found some stuff that was advertised as being able to be tied in knots as it was so flexible. it had steel (coil) reinforcement in the walls, not exposed at all and i seem to remember it being pictured in bright red or blue, so it could have been silicone.

needless to say that when i now need it i cant find the stuff. i searched the internet for over an hour, but turned up little. i found some interesting flexible metal hose from the usa, but its not really what i want in this instance. i'm sure it was advertised in an online rally shop, but i failed to find it.

does such a thing exist or am i losing it?

i need about 70-80 cm of the stuff.

You can buy flexi Samco hosing in (I think) 1m lengths, Halfrauds do indeed sell flexi bits that are half decent although they ain't cheap. Failing that hydraulics places have some weird and wonderful hoses, I got some looong flexi for my snorkel from one.

Another option if you're going a long way is to use small rubber hose bends (cut from standard hoses is probably the cheapest way) and then make the rest from straight metal pipe.

You can buy flexi Samco hosing in (I think) 1m lengths, Halfrauds do indeed sell flexi bits that are half decent although they ain't cheap. Failing that hydraulics places have some weird and wonderful hoses, I got some looong flexi for my snorkel from one.

Another option if you're going a long way is to use small rubber hose bends (cut from standard hoses is probably the cheapest way) and then make the rest from straight metal pipe.

got a halfrauds one up top, although the coil sure ain't stainless as it got corroded on the surface pretty quick. alas they dont have any of a big enough diameter and long enough.

might have been the samco hose i saw. any idea of the best place to get such hoses. they are a bit spendy so i'd like to save money where possible.