which bolts to mount 8274?

gaz489

basically as it says iv just got my first warn 8274 and im having a bumper made and want to know the size of the bolts i will need???

i will be fitting an ally fairlead too.

any advice would be great and a thank you will follow :D

Did I hear anyone say high tensile?

Not really needed for an 8274 mount. All the bolt need to do is to keep the winch from dropping to the ground when you're driving. When winching there's little to no stress on the mounting hardware.

Now for winches than mount on the bottom or sides, yes, definitely high tensile.

Not really needed for an 8274 mount. All the bolt need to do is to keep the winch from dropping to the ground when you're driving. When winching there's little to no stress on the mounting hardware.

Now for winches than mount on the bottom or sides, yes, definitely high tensile.

Oh OK. Just thought I'd ask.

So used to people around here getting their knickers in a twist every time someone uses anything other than high tensile on a winch mount of any sort.

Oh OK. Just thought I'd ask.

So used to people around here getting their knickers in a twist every time someone uses anything other than high tensile on a winch mount of any sort.

Yeah thats fair enough but also because there are alot of anal toss posts on here who think they know it all but don't :-)