New General Grabber AT

SiWhite

Any opinions of the new AT from General Grabber?

New AT

Looks OK, but I think snow performance will be poor compared to the AT2.

I'm on the verge of buying some ATs for the 110 - I think I'll get the AT2s over the new ATs.

You may be right, there aren't lots of sipes to grip the ice like the older version. I notice in the spec that they mention the noise suppression. This is presumably to comply with the more recent developments in European legislation regarding road noise. I suppose it is possible that the performance of the tyre in adverse conditions has been compromised in favour of the noise suppression. Until someone carries out a direct comparison test, we can only speculate though.

Regards, Diff.

Well that is F annoying :rtfm:

AT2 is a brilliant all rounder - and they have turned it into something that looks like a pile of excrement!!

I won't be buying a set anyway, I'll probably go back to BFGs - until they screw that pattern up like they did when they replaced the MT KM with that stupid looking KM2.

What is it with tyre manufacturers these days? Tyres are like kids names - they've all gone stupid in the last 10 years :rtfm:

I remember reading somewhere that a large proportion of tyre tread designs were binned by the marketing and advertising department as they didn't look good enough. Didn't matter what was most effective at clearing water or having the lowest noise characteristics, if it didn't look the part it wouldn't sell.

I'm going to track down some AT2s before the supply dries up.

I remember reading somewhere that a large proportion of tyre tread designs were binned by the marketing and advertising department as they didn't look good enough. Didn't matter what was most effective at clearing water or having the lowest noise characteristics, if it didn't look the part it wouldn't sell.

I'm going to track down some AT2s before the supply dries up.

So how the hell did they end up with that awful thing to replace the AT2s which look about as good as you can make an AT look? :blink:

Me too ... I may order a set for the Discovery while I am at it... don't really need them yet.

This is the Baja tyre, I tested these tyres this year for General, they have binned it as an AT tyre.

The new AT tyre is not quite as aggressive as the AT2 but still very good, we tested them in Germany about 5 weeks ago, mainly in 19" on Disco 4's and FFRR, also with 235/85x16 fitted on 2010 Defender 110's.

The NEW 19" AT is fantastic and out on it's own above the only competition being the Pirelli ATR.

Andy Sargeant.

This is the Baja tyre, I tested these tyres this year for General, they have binned it as an AT tyre.

The new AT tyre is not quite as aggressive as the AT2 but still very good, we tested them in Germany about 5 weeks ago, mainly in 19" on Disco 4's and FFRR, also with 235/85x16 fitted on 2010 Defender 110's.

The NEW 19" AT is fantastic and out on it's own above the only competition being the Pirelli ATR.

Andy Sargeant.

Thank F for that! There may be hope yet :)

It will have to be good to better the AT2, not tried the Pirelli