Amazing...

Tetsu0san

Took the Disco in to have its MOT yesterday, expecting the worst (don't we all) ;)

Anyway, I was working on the Mahindra while it was in and my mate who's garage I was borrowing for the day rang up to see if it had passed. "It failed on a couple of minor things" he said. " I didn't ask as they were really busy, but we can find out more when we pick it up". I was pretty gutted, but ultimatly not suprised as Disco's of this age do tend to fail on welding, as well as other things.

The tosser let me stew for about 30 mins before he finally told me that he was having me on and it had passed. I was well chuffed! :D

When I picked it up I was even more pleased. One advisory. Number plate. I knew this was a little suspect as it has delaminated a little, but they only wrote that it was a little discoloured. I had bought another number plate to put on but I forgot to put it on :unsure:

So anyway, another 12 months of MOT with no work and (to my mind) no issues.

Now, do I sell it or keep it? :huh:

Good news, I definitely keep it, its done you proud!

I took mine for an MOT 2 year ago, and a wheel arch was an advisory for welding, was going to get round to it at some point but didn't, next MOT, different garage, didn't mention it. In fact it was a clean sheet, even the body mount with a rust hole in. The wheel arch also has a hole in now so will get done in the next month, but it goes to show the difference between MOT stations! :ph34r:

Not that I'm trying to take anything away from your pass :)

I had an advisory on a wheel bearing last year but I think this play was fixed when I sorted the preload on the swivels.

The only other advisory last year was a bump stop, which I also replaced.

I just can't believe my luck! :rolleyes: I am going to take my 90 and the Mahindra there too, hope the same luck with ride on these too.

Does anyone know if you have to have a reverse light for an MOT? This is the only thing that doesn't work on the Mahindra. :huh:

Agreed - a great feeling when (in my case) over two years of work leads to a pass. It's good to have independent approbation of you efforts :D Although I would rather have a fail if the car deserves it!

I go to a local garage who are fair and honest and to do a decent inspection which will helps to keep me (and others) safe, but they don't try to 'make work' if you see what I mean.

I think that last time the RRC failed on a number-plate light but then I was pointed to a box of loose bulbs and given to the end of the test to fix it :) Apart from that it got an advisory on a weeping PS box. The tester said that he likes doing hobby cars (off-roaders, classics, kit cars etc) because people are continually tinkering with them and usually notice (and put right) any faults as they occur and before turning up for an MoT.

Good news, I definitely keep it, its done you proud!

I took mine for an MOT 2 year ago, and a wheel arch was an advisory for welding, was going to get round to it at some point but didn't, next MOT, different garage, didn't mention it. In fact it was a clean sheet, even the body mount with a rust hole in. The wheel arch also has a hole in now so will get done in the next month, but it goes to show the difference between MOT stations! :ph34r:

Not that I'm trying to take anything away from your pass :)

thats why i use the same MOT station and have done for meny years