HEAD LIGHT ISSUE !!

Hi folks,

1995 Defeder 300 tdi , turn headlights on and only 1 working on dip .ok so put it onto main beam and the opposite 1 only comes on and the 1 that was on dip has now gone out !!!

Any ideas gratefully appreciated.!! :) Cheers.

oh and its got sealed beam units.

Regards Guy.

I would check your bulbs too, whip them out and continuity test them to make sure the fillaments are still intact. I was chasing a light problem which was similar, turned out I had blown both head lamps.

Sealed Beams don't have bulbs...... :blink:

Sealed Beams don't have bulbs...... :blink:

same difference really... :P you have to remove the same bits to get to em irrespective of wheather you have bulbs or sealed units, I swapped mine sealed units out for "crystal" halogen units, very pleased with them so far, admitadly I don't think they would stand up to wadeing. Whatever your fillements be held in, you should test them.

Halogens do fill with water but the crystal ones have polycarb lenses so you can drill a drain hole in the bottom. The upside is you can actually see where you're going at night.

Ha, never thought about drilling drain holes... thats a good idea.

Cheers for the replies guy's , greatfully appreciated as allways. :)

Its my boss's vehicle so ive put all the ideas to him ,just waiting for an outcome.

I got shot of the sealed beams in mine and repalced them with halagen type ,very pleased with them, mind you saying that they could'nt be any worse than the sealed beams!!

Can actually see where im going now. :)

Regards Guy.