MUD MONSTERS CHRISTMAS FUN DAY PUNCH HUNT 27th Dec

Ruuman

Right then everyone. Mud Monsters is holding a fun punch hunt, This will involve lots of winch sections as well. This day is for all the family and will be on the monday after boxing day, Monday 27th DEC 2010. The day will run from about 9:30 - 4:00 and the cost will be £25 per truck, Please note we are a members only club but we are happy for new members to join at a cost of £25 per year.

A free glass of mulled wine at lunch time and a minced pie for every one. lots of easy punches to find ( and a few hard ones) Taped winching sections that will be easy for a 1 winch truck, ranging up to some hard ones where 2 or 3 winches will help.

Prizes handed out at the end of the day for the punch hunt and Raffle. Raffle tickets will hidden around the site and 5 at each punch ( 1 each for the first five that get the punch) Plus the chance to buy some as well. lots of prizes on the day. All money raised going to Sussex Search and Rescue.

Also as the norm hot and cold food and drink from the burger bar and a free jet wash at the end. ( £1 donation to sussex search and rescue) Also the last chance to buy the famous calendar if any are left.

Plus we now have a new toilet block on site.

AT THIS POINT I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT WE HAVE BEEN RAISING MONEY FOR THE SUSSEX SEARCH AND RESCUE THIS YEAR AND WOULD LIKE TO HAND OVER A BIG CHEQUE TO THEM AT THE END OF THE DAY SO PLEASE MAKE SURE WE DONT LOOK CHEAP AND GIVE US YOUR DOSH PLEASE :)

www.mud-monsters.co.uk/

THE SITE IS NEAR GATWICK IN SUSSEX

Yours Mark and Rupert @ mud monsters, any questions please ask

Hi Steve,

Were planning on running a 4 event winch challenge series next year at different sites. But we also try and have some fun punch hunt days to try and encourage more people to get into competition. I also want to start doing the odd trial sections and a few other bits as part of the play days.

Best thing to do is join our facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=118475959823 and you can see what's going on and get invites to all events.

There's a play day happening on the 21st Nov if you want to come down, see the site and have a chat with us. PM me if you want some details.

hope to see you there

Cheers

Ruu

Is a MSA competition license required?

No, we try to keep things simple, the main aim is trucks are of a safe standard, the rules as they currently stand are:

Competing trucks require

Engine and winch cut offs

Working horn

Extra return spring on throttle

Working seat belts or harnesses

Fire extinguisher

Winch sails for winching

Gloves must be worn for steel winch cables

We break trucks down into 3 classes on a points system. Each winch is 1 point, tyres 35inch or more 1 point, each axle locker is another point.

Class 3

0 points, this is pretty much the bone stock class, no winches or lockers (unless factory fitted) and tyres smaller than 35inch.

Class 2

2 or less points, this is where most people will fall, front winch and maybe some big tyres or a locker.

Class 1

3 points or more, where the big boys play, multiple winches, full lockers, anything goes

Hope that makes things clear

Hi Steve,

Were planning on running a 4 event winch challenge series next year at different sites. But we also try and have some fun punch hunt days to try and encourage more people to get into competition. I also want to start doing the odd trial sections and a few other bits as part of the play days.

Best thing to do is join our facebook group http://www.facebook....id=118475959823 and you can see what's going on and get invites to all events.

There's a play day happening on the 21st Nov if you want to come down, see the site and have a chat with us. PM me if you want some details.

hope to see you there

Cheers

Ruu

Sounds like an excellant idea, look like I'll be coming to the Christmas one then!

Thank you for the info.

Steve

The way you specifically mention engine cut off makes me think that you have something else in mind besides the key-operated one on the steering column that Landrover provided - or does that count as sufficient?

I intend to come along for some fun.

Kev

I would quite like to attend (can't really get more local than 5 miles away), but is it worth it considering what I'd be driving...a standard 88" with parabolics on 7.50 XZLs?

Would also like clarification as to whether the ignition switch counts as an engine cut-off.

I have a bungee cord on my throttle, plus the existing pedal return spring, does that count as an 'extra' one?

hi all,

As this will be more of a single fun day event, scrutineering will be light, but for the new year we expect everyone try and get there trucks to standard.

By engine cutoff were ideally after a battery isolator (i'll change the wording in the next version of the handbook)

Retroanaconda I would ideally like a spring as bungee's loose there tension over time and the mud and water can damage them; saying that i have a bungee myself at the mo ;)

But that will be fine for this event as long as it's got a bit of tension I'm sure it will be just as good as a spring.

I'd hope we setup the event to be fun for everyone that day, it won't be as hardcore as the previous winch challenge. Winch-less trucks will have punches and fun sections to try, but obviously won't have a chance on some areas, but if you team up with someone a lot more becomes accessible.

Your running a good size tire, we have a few series guys who seem to do pretty well, I'd think your by fine, why not pop down on the 21st and have a chat and a cuppa.

Cheers

Ruu

Might pop over and have a chat/look on the 21st yeah, I recall being told that I'd need a hi-vis to come and watch?

Like the idea of teaming up for the punch hunt, will have to bribe someone with a winch ;)

Yes spectator should wear a yellow hi-vis, please no orange as that is our marshall colour, we have all sizes (including kids) for sale if you don't have one.

Team challenge is great fun, all the guys in the club are really friendly so I'm sure I can find someone. Have you got a co-driver? your really need one :)

I'm actually competing that day. It's my birthday and as a present "Jon V8" who I bitch for has stupidly said were swap roles that day :) so should be fun!!

Hi ruuman, i'm quite interested in coming along for punch hunt :rolleyes:

In the same boat as steve, not a memeber with you guys at the moment but if you've got some more events coming up in the new year i'm sure it would be worth it!

How do we go about signing up for the 27th and getting membership?

Cheers

Tom

Hi ruuman, i'm quite interested in coming along for punch hunt :rolleyes:

In the same boat as steve, not a memeber with you guys at the moment but if you've got some more events coming up in the new year i'm sure it would be worth it!

How do we go about signing up for the 27th and getting membership?

Cheers

Tom

Hi Tom,

Best thing is to PM me and I will send you some details, fill in this form http://www.mud-monsters.co.uk/files/membership_application.pdf and bring it with you and join on the day. I like to think we put on a good show and next year should be a good one with lots of fun stuff planned.

Were hoping to have the new website up soon with a lot more info and such.

As I said before, your more than welcome to come and see us on the 21st Nov for a chat and a cuppa, or were be competing at Mike Wolfe the weekend after if your attending that come say hi.

Cheers

ruu

Hi Tom,

Best thing is to PM me and I will send you some details, fill in this form http://www.mud-monsters.co.uk/files/membership_application.pdf and bring it with you and join on the day. I like to think we put on a good show and next year should be a good one with lots of fun stuff planned.

Were hoping to have the new website up soon with a lot more info and such.

As I said before, your more than welcome to come and see us on the 21st Nov for a chat and a cuppa, or were be competing at Mike Wolfe the weekend after if your attending that come say hi.

Cheers

ruu

PM'd :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right then everyone the boys and I are about to go out on boxing day and set up all the fun and games, if any one needs info please call me. 07961315065 mark. I think we are just about sold out, so you will have to join us on our challenge series for more wincing fun.

I realise it's late, but can someone send me the location of the site? I'd like to come along and watch in the morning, but can't seem to find a set of coordinates or a postcode for the site.

Anyone know?

Cheers

Mark

Well that was fun ^_^

The car wasn't even that muddy until we teamed up with a Daihatsu to pull a Hilux plus trailer plus dead Discovery on trailer out of the site. We got there in the end, but unfortunately every piece of mud that came off the back of the Daihatsu ended up on the front of my car, the grill, lights, bonnet and windscreen were all covered with 2" of grass, ice and mud! :P

Still, was a great day, really enjoyed it. Got stuck a lot, got pulled out a lot (by many people, thanks to you all), but we didn't do too badly (for a first time out) at least the car was nice and warm :)

Some of the taped sections looked quite ":blink:", kinda glad we gave those a miss this time!

Thanks to the organisers, and those who took part.