Early or late 2A?

Jeff Young

But early 2A has double windshield wiper motors, right?

I think I must be in the year that's somewhat ill-defined: half early and half late.

Jeff.

Maybe someone swapped a bulkhead in the past? I can't remember when they switched over to the single wiper motor, maybe someone converted to it? The dual wipers are a bit of a PITA if you ask me.

I'm pretty sure a '68 shouldn't have deep sills but they can easily be retrofitted and look nicer I reckon. 'Bugeye' headlights (in the wings) came in '69, I believe in 1970 they put the headlights in the wings, recessed like on a SIII. So a '68 should have the lights in the grille.

Twin Wiper motors is series 2, most (not going to say all..) 2a's are single wiper motor.

My 68 IIa had deep sills as original, and lights in the centre.

'68 was around the time a lot of things changed, so when I rebuilt mine it was impossible to say exactly which version of which parts were being used....

Cheers

Mark

If the OP really wants to know, and has the essential thick skin, then he should post the question on the Series 2 Club Forum. This is open to non-members. They will want pictures. If it's 100% kosher then it will all be good news, and people will be complimentary. You will feel good.

If it isn't 100% then it will be ripped apart down to the last rivet, and you'll be left asking yourself 'did I really want to know about all those errors?'.

Of course, the vehicle won't have change one iota, it will be as good as it's '42 year' condition allows, but after all the spots have been pointed out, will you ever be happy with it?

Some owners are, some aren't.

Good Luck.

Twin Wiper motors is series 2, most (not going to say all..) 2a's are single wiper motor.

My 68 IIa had deep sills as original, and lights in the centre.

'68 was around the time a lot of things changed, so when I rebuilt mine it was impossible to say exactly which version of which parts were being used....

Cheers

Mark

2a's are also twin wiper motors.

My 66 is twin wiper motors, headlights in the middle and deep sills.

I have had both a 70 and a 71 2a and they both had shallow sills, single wiper motor and headlights in the wings.

Your Station wagon will have the black dashboard with the key-operated starter and flick switches for the lights - and the warning lights in the bottom of the speedo. Its in fact the last 'proper' Land Rover with the headlights in the centre - the headlights moved to the wings in late 68 or early 69 and at the same time the deep sills were changed for narrow.

Then the plastic dash and synchro gearbox was introduced shortly after - and was it still a Land Rover?