Making Fiddle Brakes

zim

Gents,

I've already got a set of cnc fiddle brakes (the ones milner do). But would like to make my own system using basic master cylinders.

I'd like to do 2 cylinder with one lever.

As in :

422A.jpg

What i'm a little confused about is..... say you're pulling the lever back, so the top cylinder is compressing. Doesn't that mean you're wanting to pull the bottom one out of it's bore ? and vice versa if you're pushing the lever.

Or am i being thick here and missing something ?

Or have they got fancy goodies :lol:

G

Those rods sit into a cup shape - but aren't connected to it. So when it is being pulled out is is simply disconnecting rather than trying to pull the piston out of the bore :)

cool..don't suppose you've got a picture handy do you ?

we thought of doing it with an oval hole in the lever giving it space to move in the 'other' direction.

G

what's a fiddle break for?

you use disco/RRC brake calipers with 2 ports, allows you to hook up a idependant brake line to 1 wheel seperatly, allows you to just apply brakes to one wheel allowing you to turn the vehicle is a tighter circle usefull on tight trials courses etc.

I'll have a route in the garage and try and take a picture or two of a motorbike one that operates in the same way...

thanks, but i was meaning a picture of a single lever with 2 pistons.

you use disco/RRC brake calipers with 2 ports, allows you to hook up a idependant brake line to 1 wheel seperatly, allows you to just apply brakes to one wheel allowing you to turn the vehicle is a tighter circle usefull on tight trials courses etc.

not entirely correct.

you just put them inline with your rear brakes, that way you can still use the foot brake for both...or you choose which fiddle brake to apply.

however...normal rear calipers aren't good enough and you need bigger (i.e. defender fronts).

muchos gracias! do you have one for each wheel then or just on the front wheels? also, where are you guys getting the space in your truck to fit the levers? ;)

sorry for the hijack!

mine are to the left of my seat.

15751_208704534881_667984881_3989126_477244_n.jpg

G