These other 4x4's just don't cut the mustard

wormhole

BBC News

The pictures on the TV showed a the roof cut off to allow the crew to get out - not sure what the vehicle was but it was a mitsubishi style crew cab thing

Hope the crew are OK

I trust everyone remembers the LR that fell off a cliff... :D

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Do you believe LandRovers are structually stronger than other 4x4's and offer better protection to the occupants in the event of a mishap? My experience with Defenders suggest that certainly isn't the case, and unless fitted with a full roll cage are absolute deathtraps. The aluminium foil my wife wraps the Sunday roast in has more structural integrity than Defender bodywork.

Series 2 and 2A Landeys however,were better built and used a much tougher grade of alloy that would stand up to a bit of awfulness.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Do you believe LandRovers are structually stronger than other 4x4's and offer better protection to the occupants in the event of a mishap? My experience with Defenders suggest that certainly isn't the case, and unless fitted with a full roll cage are absolute deathtraps. The aluminium foil my wife wraps the Sunday roast in has more structural integrity than Defender bodywork.

Series 2 and 2A Landeys however,were better built and used a much tougher grade of alloy that would stand up to a bit of awfulness.

IIRC a 110 went over a taller cliff and the CG peeps came away with less injuries than this articles occupants, so read into that as you like I guess

I realise that the body has all the structural integrity of a wet paper bag, however in a similar incident a LR (90 I think) reversed over a 80ft cliff and the occupants had less injuries - obliviously this is highly likely to have more luck involved than strength - however LR did commission a advert based on it.

I have to admit I'm biased... :unsure:

I have some interesting photos of post-accident Defenders and I couldn't agree more....

The safest vehicle to be in during an accident? Not if you roll it!