fitting a turbo to a 2.5 d?

hi , has any one fitted a turbo to a 2.5na. is it a straight forward job or are there any modifications needed. i am thinking about fitting one to give me a little more oomph and would appreciate any help or tips. thanks

Not a good idea, you will need to plumb an oil feed to turbo and a return. Pistons probably won't be upto the higher stresses and temps. Cooling system may not be upto the extra waste heat either. The injection pump won't be able to supply the extra fuel, a proper turbo engine links boost pressure, to throttle, to fuelling. If your 2.5NA is near the end of its life (lets face it its almost 20 years old...) fitting a turbo will probably finish it off... :ph34r:

thanks, i thought fitting a turbo would be strait forward enough job. it would be a landrover 2.5turbo that i would use, does this make any diference? ithought that being a landrover it would be ok. the engine was rebuilt about 5 years ago and still performs brilliant ( well as brilliant as a n/a goes :( ) .

As Simon says - it's a lot of work, and additional parts to get it to work. You can't get away with just bolting the turbo on in place of the exhaust manifold on the N/A. Compression is lower on a turbo, so gawd-knows what would happen if you just bolted the turbo on.

Les. :)