London Low Emission Zone - Defender Alert!!

For those of you living in London that may have missed this little goodie!!

Thanks to the Mayor of London (well done Boris, you've lost my vote), it looks like I can scratch my Defender project idea. It seems that any Defender older than 2001 will be subject to a 100 pounds a day charge from 3 Jan 2012!!

36,500 a year to drive an old defender within what is most of the M25 boundary?! I think not. :angry:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/roadusers/lez/areaofoperation/

Have you not noticed any of the 2 million signs that have been up around the out-skirts of the Greater London area for the last 3 years??? :lol:

Don't panic, not all Defenders will be caught. Read up on it a bit more and you will see that many vehicles will be compliant.

Also, it's not Boris' fault. It was Red Ken :P

100 POUND A DAY. Can someone pick up my lower jaw from the floor. :huh::blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :o Sorry to hear that on Londonstan ouch. Seeing here in Manchester and having a council that doesn't have braincells. Will probably see this as a good thing :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Typical Labour vomit idealism. :angry: