Interior light fitment

Inside my 90 the interior light (STC251, J reg) has no lense and is intermittant at best so looking at changing to the later type thats in the 300tdi (AMR3155) I can only find examples for sale that list no back plate and wonder if its an easy swap over to the later ones?

Any links or 2nd hand ones for sale appreciated too! ;)

I fitted 2 300Tdi type interior lights into my 110, 1 where the original light was & other in loadbay headliner, both screwed to the internal roof rib for the earth point.

AMR3155 type pretty good price too.

or britcar or on ebay

interior light latertype on page 680 I used the small speaker type spade connectors & additional wiring.

Just yesterday, I fitted 3 AMR3155 lights into the recovered headliner of my 93 NAS D110, replacing the single light. Furthermore, I bought three high power leds from http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2Ffestoonhp_3710-xHPx.htm to replace the standard bulbs. The results are the lights are bright enough to read a newspaper outside in the middle of the night standing next to the truck. The three fixtures were mounted (1) above the front seats, 2) above the middle seats and (3) towards the rear of the load space,

Sure. I took my old headliner out -- four pieces. Took it to a local auto trim shop and had them recover with a heavy gauge vinyl-based material. I did the same for a NAS 95 D90 a few years ago. The D90 cost $400 and the D110 cost $480. Both far cheaper than a new headliner (if you can source) in the US. I have seen D90 new headliners going for about $1200 here in the states. Both times, I made sure the trim people did not cut any holes, wanted to cut them myself.

As requested. Here is the recovered headliner with 3 newer style lights (with three LED festoon bulbs) (each has six leds in it). By the way, the headliner and lights were installed Wednesday and today the intermediate seats and side panels went in today. So your question was very timely. I am very happy, especially with the light thrown by the three LED bulbs.

post-27373-0-88206600-1296178538_thumb.jpg