TD5 Blade Type fuse box

I've just received some 3-4647 Terminals from Polevolt.

They're not identical to the terminals in the TD5 fuse box, but they're very close and they fit into it with no problems.

They both have the same manufacturers logo on their tail ends, but it's not a logo I recognise.

The logo is difficult to make out from my dodgy pic's, so I've drawn it. It looks like this -

TerminalLogo.jpg

The pictures below show a terminal released from the Land Rover fuse box, together with one from Polevolt.

The differences, that I can see, are -

1. The Polevolt terminals are slightly shorter in length, behind the main box shape of the terminal body.

2. The Polevolt terminals don't have a notch in each side of the main box shape of the terminal body.

3. The Polevolt terminal's blades are more rounded at the ends and have extra 'horns' on them.

th_DSC01035.jpg . th_DSC01040.jpg . th_DSC01042.jpg

th_DSC01050.jpg . th_DSC01051.jpg . th_DSC01052.jpg

As I said above, they fit into the Land Rover fuse box without a problem.

Here are some pictures of a Polevolt terminal crimped onto a White/Black wire (that I will be using with a Polevolt FBS1U.66 single fuseholder) fitted into the Land Rover fuse box -

This picture shows the crimped Polevolt terminal side-by-side with the released land Rover terminal-

th_DSC01059.jpg

This picture shows the crimped Polevolt terminal inserted into the Land Rover fusebox -

th_DSC01057.jpg

This picture shows the Land Rover fuse box from the fuse face, Polevolt terminal on the left, Land rover terminal on the right.

You can see the extra 'horns' on the ends of the Polevolt terminal, they made no difference to the terminal fitting into the fuse box, or the fuse fitting into the slot and engaging the terminal -

th_DSC01056.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

An update to this thread:

I've managed to source a similar compatible Terminal to fit into the unused ways on the Defender TD5/Puma Fusebox connector block -

YQE102850.jpg

They're not identical to the terminals in the TD5/Puma Fusebox but, they're by the same manufacturer and they are a very close match - they fit into the fuse box with no problems.

I have them to suit three different cable sizes -

0.5 – 1.0mm2

1.5 – 2.5mm2

4.0 – 6.0mm2

th_DSC03210.jpg . th_DSC03211.jpg . th_DSC03212.jpg

th_DSC03213.jpg . th_DSC03214.jpg . th_DSC03215.jpg

th_DSC03216.jpg . th_DSC03217.jpg . th_DSC03218.jpg

th_DSC03219.jpg

They are £0.50 each (all sizes), or any 5 for £2.25 + Postage

I'm happy to post anywhere in the world -

P&P for the UK is £1.10

P&P for Europe is £2.95