S3 rebuild

Signaller

Been rebuilding a 1972 S3. When I stripped it down I took numerous photos to help with the rebuild. Computer fault means I've lost the photos. Wondering if someone in the Hertford/Ware area would mind me having a look at their vehicle to refresh the old memory about what went where.

Thanks in anticipation.

Been rebuilding a 1972 S3. When I stripped it down I took numerous photos to help with the rebuild. Computer fault means I've lost the photos. Wondering if someone in the Hertford/Ware area would mind me having a look at their vehicle to refresh the old memory about what went where.

Thanks in anticipation.

Snagger has a 109 rebuild blog it is very usefull...( nickslandrover.co.uk ) Good luck

Thanks in anticipation.

got plenty although mine is 1975 much the same let me know if i can help they may not be what you need but can but try

Thanks for the replies. At the moment I'm fitting the front brake pipes. What route do they take from the wheels to the 4 way connector?

There seem to have been several routes, but mine went from the rear lower port of the PWDA valve to the front cross member (the rear brakes were connected to the front end of the PWDA valve and cross the front line underneath the valve), where it then used a brass Tee-piece to split left and right along the rear face of the cross member, ducking under the rails in front of the bump stops and up to the flexible hoses, the unions of which point forwards. Some vehicles have independent lines all the way from the PWDA valve. I have also seen vehicles with the front brakes taken from the front end of the PWDA valve, though they may have had the lines from the brake master cylinder cross over.

The Parts Catalogue and Workshop Manual are helpful, but aren't always correct as specifications changed throughout production (especially the Parts Catalogue, which sometimes has errors in orientation or sequencing).