stolen vehicles

a tdci painted rough camo?? original reg suposedly e reg?? which comes back as an unknown on dvla? reg on vehicle comes back as a 1988 2.5????? wake up. does it look legit to you???

Ehm,

Gaz you may have a point but why didn't you post the facts in your first post?

Most of us are sad but we don't sit here looking at trucks and checking them with the DVLA. :rtfm:

a tdci painted rough camo?? original reg suposedly e reg?? which comes back as an unknown on dvla? reg on vehicle comes back as a 1988 2.5????? wake up. does it look legit to you???

the interior pics show tdci gearlever & dash side window demist vents,

anyone can fit a private plate to a newer vehicle or have a older normal style number as a private reg.

it also has a TD/200Tdi left front wing side panel with the turbo intake grille fitted.

he states it has tax & MOT,

if you need to know more info about it or have questions ask the seller, not much the members on here can say about it.

The lack of value relating detail would make me strongly think this car is not legit.

The TDCI origins are clear and whilst it could be a legit car any seller with an 07 plus car would be giving details.

I have to admire folk who give peeps like the seller here the benefit of the doubt - me I'm far too cynical.

i did actually post a link to the ebay page so you could all take a look for yourselves, therefore theres no need to post facts. as sad as it may be to have genuinely stumbled across this one night all ive tried to do is find a website where i can aire my concerns. this vehicle could be someones pride and joy and id be devastated if it ever happend to me. it does seem to have lot of tdci bits such as dash and ventless bulkhead which does make me feel it is a genuine tdci underneath, seller stands by his post that the vehicle is an e reg and has not yet replied to my request for chassis number. this may be a genuine vehicle and if so i wish the seller well,but something just doesnt seem right.....and often those that dont seem right, never are

the inside of the side panels are blue, the b-pillars are red, the doors frames appear to be the welded type and not the one-piece jobbies (although a job to see in the picture)

I cant imagine anyone doing that amount of "customisation" to a tdci defender, and if they had im sure the write up would be more fulfilled.

If it was an old 90 then that would explain the short write up

Looks suspect to me

I wouldn't buy from him simply based on his feedback.

The truck sure seems to have a fair mix of bits on it, and yes I know a huge number of them do, but the bits tend to be older stuff.

Rear tub - td5 or newer

Bonnet - Tdci

Wing - TD/200 Tdi

Rear door - Td5 or newer

Roof - early 90 with ext ribs

Dash - Tdci

22,000 miles is rather low for an E reg truck!

If I were selling such a truck I'd be giving masses of details of what I'd done to it.