AWDC CHALLENGER4X4 SERIES - ROUND 2

Punch cards are easy to check we used to have all our results by end of the day if you out line wrong punch in wrong box or double punch will not be counted you end up with perfect cards at the end of the day, cyber keys seemed to work also last year but expensive I suppose

There are some other styles of electronic punchs available, i have been looking into several different types. They all have the good and bad points.

As far as traditional punches our cards do get checked for doubles etc.

It all comes done to money at the end of the day, you need somthing that works well but we dont all have an unlimited budget. The cyber keys the AWDC use are at the moment proven, so would be a very good option for anyone.

The system we use is quite simple, the spread sheet takes some time to produce, even then you dont seem to be able to cover all bases as things change on the day (one day it will be complete). The issues we have is time, it takes alot of time to make a working spreadsheet into a simple version for the scores (well it does for me at least).

there are ways to stop cheats,, at mud monsters we put numbers to 58 on the card with not all punches out there,, if you come back with a number punched that is not there then we can check your whole card against the master card,, also you dont need to check them all,, we always check the top 3 trucks in each class.. only takes a few mins with a beer 1 night,,, all ways ring up a cheater and tell him if you find one... they would feel rather silly from that point i would say..

would you care to expand on that for the benefit of all of us?

The cyber key comes apart at its fixing point and is only checked by a paint seal at each end where it clips together . Found this out after shutting ours in the door and losing it on an event ,re traced our steps and found it cliped it back together and carried on . nothing was mentioned at the end of the event about the seal being broken, and on checking it at other events it had not been resealed. so the opertunity is there on a difficult or time consuming punch to take it apart and not even have to get the vehicle to the punch.

The cyber key comes apart at its fixing point and is only checked by a paint seal at each end where it clips together . Found this out after shutting ours in the door and losing it on an event ,re traced our steps and found it cliped it back together and carried on . nothing was mentioned at the end of the event about the seal being broken, and on checking it at other events it had not been resealed. so the opertunity is there on a difficult or time consuming punch to take it apart and not even have to get the vehicle to the punch.

Thank you. Easily solved.

there are ways to stop cheats,, at mud monsters we put numbers to 58 on the card with not all punches out there,, if you come back with a number punched that is not there then we can check your whole card against the master card,, also you dont need to check them all,, we always check the top 3 trucks in each class.. only takes a few mins with a beer 1 night,,, all ways ring up a cheater and tell him if you find one... they would feel rather silly from that point i would say..

Clever and simple, I like that. However, a competitor might spend a lot of time looking for a punch which doesn't exist.

After reading through the posts about the cyberkeys etc. i find it hard to belive anybody would cheat and "double punch" their card. As ive always understood it the cards are checked against a master as they come back. most events seem to have about 25 maybe 30 cards to check in total. and only the top five or so in each class are important to get right. and alot of time its pretty easy to see who is going well on the day, after all its only a bit of fun, right?

Clever and simple, I like that. However, a competitor might spend a lot of time looking for a punch which doesn't exist.

we do tell them that not all our out there... also we put them out ramdon so it is a hunt as well as a challenge,,, if you cant find the miles of red and yellow tape then best to give up before you start.. never had a prob yet,,, any one that cheats only cheats them selves,, any way if we found out,, they would loose face and look like a c..k..