Braided Brake Hoses

AdeParko

I'm looking for a braided brake hose kit for a 1996 Non ABS Discovery 1; its got corroded hard pipes at the caplier as well punctured rubber sections

When looking around there seems to quite a few on eBay all at varied prices

What I'm wondering is what section of hose do the kits actually replace? Can you get kits that replace both the rubber section and the small section of hard pipe at the caliper at the same time in one length?

Kits thats I've fitted on other cars in the past have always installed from the hard pipe temination all the way to the caliper using a banjo bolt, but the photos of the kits for the discovery have got my wondering?

Has anyone fitted either the Britpart or Goodridge kits? Or point me in the direction of a kit that would suit my needs

Thanks

Ade

The kits just replace the rubber hoses, the hard pipes will need to be replaced.

I've fitted both the Goodrich and Britpart kits and both seem fine. I ended up with the Britpart ones because they were out of stock of the Goodrich ones (Britpart sell both) and I've not had a problem with either. I'm not certain but I suspect that both sets are manufactured by Goodrich anyway, there was certainly no visible difference between them and the prices from Britpart were similar.

I seem to recall reading that Gwyn Lewis will make up custom lengths with various fittings to replace the whole 'body to calliper' assembly with one piece of braided, and I think that someone on here has replaced every line on the car with it without problems - just make sure it is properly retained to prevent it flapping about.

Getting custom sets made is not difficult, but be aware that using a banjo requires a 'good' surface around the threaded hole, which not many in-situ callipers have...

Hope this helps

Roger