AWDC XL Challenge Round 3

najw

did anyone get a vid of you going airborn and hitting that tree as you landed on the s/s dan ?

because f.me that was funny !

Bloody tree's and special stages! they always jump out on me! ph34r.gif

Dan

Firstly a big thanks to Bob (and his tractor) for getting me off the filed so quickly at the end - I'm now in Sri Lanka where its 35 degrees :D

An excellent day although the course had been set out for the dry it worked well in the wet, even if the scores were low. Can't believe Bob beat us by just 3 points, I wish we (I :ph34r:) hadn't snapped the winch rope on one of the timed sections, it might have made all the difference. Would love to see the times as well.

Looking at the scores I think the only difference lockers made was you got to spin all 4 wheels instead of just 2 :lol:

As always thanks to the team for setting up, and Bob for the new site, and apologies I had to rush off at the end.

Firstly a big thanks to Bob (and his tractor) for getting me off the filed so quickly at the end - I'm now in Sri Lanka where its 35 degrees :D

An excellent day although the course had been set out for the dry it worked well in the wet, even if the scores were low. Can't believe Bob beat us by just 3 points, I wish we (I :ph34r:) hadn't snapped the winch rope on one of the timed sections, it might have made all the difference. Would love to see the times as well.

Looking at the scores I think the only difference lockers made was you got to spin all 4 wheels instead of just 2 :lol:

As always thanks to the team for setting up, and Bob for the new site, and apologies I had to rush off at the end.

Made me laugh when I saw you knocking 7 bells out of that big rock with a lump hammer :D , that section certainly gave you some hard times, we actaully did another section while you was trying to get over that rock, next time bring a sledge hammer.

well what a time for my winch rope to give up on me :unsure: that was a 10ft vertical climb :rolleyes: think ill be turning the rope round before the next event!

wwe had a lot of fun and really enjoyed ourselves untill we had to retire due to overheating at about mid day. some great sections even if it was to slippy to drive more than a few meters at a time!

The only thing i think needs rectifying is the tape which marks the route on the trees needs to be put higher up so the trucks dont rip it off when brushing against the trees but apart from that it was about as good as it gets. thanks to neil carol and all the marshalls.

Hey guys,

Sunday was the first event ive been to and have to say I absolutely loved it. :)

Took some photos (unfortunately I could only be there for an hour or so), but check them out and see what you think... http://www.flickr.com/photos/ordidge2/sets/72157626677626160/

Ordidge

Ordidge, any chance you could send me the pic's of Dans truck sitting on it's ass up against the tree by the river. Good job the tree was there to catch him.

treebloke@aol.com

Cheers Bob

This was the first round we have enterd and the format looks really good, the all of 2 puches we managed befor the cambelt letting go :rolleyes: where spot on and the sort of thing we where hoping for. Need to get the truck soted now so we can enter the next round. thanks to the marshal for stoping what he was doing so as we could recover the truck and to i think its dan for the offer of the cambelt. adam

hi mates its mark girlfriend loved her fudge she said to thank you very much it lasted till we got to the m5