Sandwich plate??

This has been mentioned before deep in the past somewhere but I've searched hi and low and not found a definitive answer. I'm looking to fit a sandwich plate between the oil filter and its housing on my Defender 200tdi engine in order to fit oil temp and pressure senders. I am aware of the other methods/bodges that can be done, but I think this is the cleanest/tidiest way. It looks as though there is enough clearance fit a sandwich plate. Does anyone know if these "Universal" type plates on fleabay will fit? Or does anyone know the thread size of a 200tdi oil filter and whether the diameter of the filter is some kind of standard size?

If I can pull this off I think it could be helpful to many others out there! :D

cheers peeps!

It looks like if you were to use a Fram filter it would be a Fram PH16. (This assumes that the LR Part number for your filter is ERR3340 (the same filter used in all of the V8i that have been imported to the US over the years. Here are the specs from Fram for a PH16:

Product Type Full-Flow Lube Spin-on

Anti-Drain Valve YES

Gasket I.D. 2.42"

Gasket O.D. 2.8"

Gasket Thickness .2"

Gasket Usage Base

Product Height 3.69"

Product I.D. 3/4-16 Th'd

Product O.D. 3.66"

Relief Valve Setting PSI 12

My Two-peneth

Would it just not be easier to remove the presure switch, fit a M10/1 - "T" in to where the switch came out of and fit a pressure guage from there ?

Drill sump and fit a boss/nut and install oil temp probe there, this would allow you to measure the oil temp of the sump ?

just a thought....:P

My Two-peneth

Would it just not be easier to remove the presure switch, fit a M10/1 - "T" in to where the switch came out of and fit a pressure guage from there ?

Drill sump and fit a boss/nut and install oil temp probe there, this would allow you to measure the oil temp of the sump ?

just a thought....:P

True it could be easier but the difference in difficulty is negligible compared just removing the filting and spinning on a plate in front of it and putting it back on. It more about the tidyness :rolleyes: .

What's it like fitting a boss to a sump, I assumed it would have to be welded? I'm just not sure about the vulnerability down there either....

This has been mentioned before deep in the past somewhere but I've searched hi and low and not found a definitive answer. I'm looking to fit a sandwich plate between the oil filter and its housing on my Defender 200tdi engine in order to fit oil temp and pressure senders. I am aware of the other methods/bodges that can be done, but I think this is the cleanest/tidiest way. It looks as though there is enough clearance fit a sandwich plate. Does anyone know if these "Universal" type plates on fleabay will fit? Or does anyone know the thread size of a 200tdi oil filter and whether the diameter of the filter is some kind of standard size?

If I can pull this off I think it could be helpful to many others out there! :D

cheers peeps!

no need to fit a sandwich plate, you can just fit the LR oil temp & pressure senders direct to the oil filter head.

see my reply & link in this thread http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=67847