TD5 fog swtich pinnouts question

the specs i attach shows pins 1,2,4,5 being used 1(black and slate) & 4(black) i have taken off my old fog switch (i had the old style dash) which dose switch the fog light on and off but where do i get the wires for pins 2 (red and orange) & 5 (red and yellow). i am assuming these are used for the illumination of the LED on the fog switch.

cheers

post-4239-0-30227400-1306443257_thumb.jpg

ok after studying the td5 electrical circuit diagram book, ive managed to work it out, and got it working on a prototype board. Th illumination for the buttons is in a different section. i guess i can take feeds of existing illumination circuit?

illumination for the switch when off comes from the existing illumination circuit, when switched on the switch feeds the led from another circuit.via the rear fog ecu/relay

on your attached page

RY = rear fog 12v feed

BS = rear fog ON led feed

B = earth

OR = illumination feed from gauges/other switches.

illumination for the switch when off comes from the existing illumination circuit, when switched on the switch feeds the led from another circuit.via the rear fog ecu/relay

on your attached page

RY = rear fog 12v feed

BS = rear fog ON led feed

B = earth

OR = illumination feed from gauges/other switches.

Ok got the fog switch fitted today, it operates the fog light and got the illumination to work when i switch my lights on but try as i might i could not get the led to come on when the fog was on, its was either off or on constant. I did notice in the wiring diagrams

Exterior lamps p66

pin 1 & 4

interior illumination p77

pin 2 & 4

so according to this only three pins are used? is this a miss print

1 [from relay terminal 4 black/Slate wire] & 4 should light the coloured ON led.

2 & 4 should be the switch night illumination

connection 4 is the earth

& the feed out to rear fog light from pin 5 red/yellow trace

so that gives 4 pins used not 3.

pin 3 is not used no connection.

The non-latching Rear Fog Lamp Switch (YUG000530LNF) earths the 'One Touch' Rear Fog Lamp ECU (YWC104430L) momentarily, the ECU then switches and holds it's ignition-switched live (which it gets via the Main Lighting Switch/Headlamp Relay) to the Red/Yellow wires to power the Rear Fog Lamps, the Instrument Pack Warning Light and the Rear Fog Lamp Switch 'tell-tale' Orange LED, until either, the Rear Fog Lamp Switch is pushed again, or the ignition-switched live is interrupted (headlights or engine turned-off)

The Pin-outs on YUG000530LNF are -

• Pin 1 - From Pin 4 of the "One-Touch" ECU (Black/Slate wire)
  • Pin 2 - To Dash Illumination Header (Red/Orange wire)
  • Pin 3 - Not Used
  • Pin 4 - To Dash Earth Header (Black wire)
  • Pin 5 - Live FROM Pin 3 of 'One-Touch' ECU (Red/Yellow wire) - for 'tell-tale' orange LED

And we have illumination. my problem was i didnt have visibility of red/yellow wire. is it ok to run a splice from the ecu red/yellow wire?

Yes, that's where it should be fed from.