looking to buy a 4.6hse

tonko007

HI ALL

Hi looking to buy a rr p38 have seen an automatic in pristine condition at the garage down the road.

the thing is i know nothing about automatics its on a s plate with 109k with full service history and only 3 owners from new what should i be looking for an it many thanks paul

Anything that is wrong with mine !

1) lack of power, ( check the kick down )

2) Wont run on gas

3) coolant in drivers side footwell

4) rain pouring in on passengerside footwell

5) dicky key fob

6) only one key fob

7) suspension works as it should and that the car isnt lop sided

8) warnings on the dash that only show when the key is inserted but not started. If he's keen to start the car for you then thats why !

9) All electrics work included all seats etc, If theres a button then press it :)

10) sagging head lining

11) major oil leaks. Check for signs of recently being cleaned.

12) Give the brakes a good stomp

Any more I'll post as I find them :(

HI ALL

Hi looking to buy a rr p38 have seen an automatic in pristine condition at the garage down the road.

the thing is i know nothing about automatics its on a s plate with 109k with full service history and only 3 owners from new what should i be looking for an it many thanks paul

P38s the main thing apart from what has been said is the 4.6 v8 engine was particulary prone to slipped liners if overheated/not looked after. Plenty on ebay with "needs head gasket" or "uses water" "overheats" "loses water"

do your home work and it should be ok if it has been looked after (regular coolant changes and radiator in top nick with ample cooling. Be suspicious of bodged repairs

Replacement blocks are available but pricey, for a short engine which then needs rebuild.