Livery

Hello all

I was wondering about the decals on my Defender, which are looking very tatty in places, if i peel these off what is the best thing to get the paint work looking alright, would a t'cut be enough or would there be stripes where the decals had been?

Anyone done this? what did it take to get the paint looking good?

The decals I'm talking about are the Defender stripes on a 1996 Defender 110.

Or would it be better to buy a new set of decals??

Thanks ted

I have the same problem and would be interested in the answer. My decals have faded in the sun and anyway I think the later Defenders look better without them. What's the best way to remove the decals? Heat gun?

I used a sticker remover and some inddustrial type stuff to get the residue off after pealing them off. Then I just t-cut or the compound G3 which is rougher than t cut more like the trade stuff on the rest of the body work. You should find beautiful shiny paint work under the stickers and it is the rest than needs cutting to match.

Jon

Well! took decals off, bit sad really, I was left with very shiny paint work where stickers were, as was said! :blink: so off i went with T'cut and buffer, seemed Ok but in certain light, until it went dark you could blatantly see where they had been, also it seemed yellowed where the Defender decal had been!! :unsure: So T'cut T'cut T'cut!! Oh! and some Beer!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for tip on heat gun! Still got sore finger though!! :blink: