3.5 V8 carb air filter options

Half Orange

My airbox is completely bent and battered. So much so that the airfilters no longer filter as air can pass right round them due to the distorted box.

Has anyone fitted a filter direct on the U bend, or the Stromberg carb mouth, negating the need for the airbox?

Cheers,

Jim

Many do although I don't like 'em, for starters they are rather vulnerable to any water that may splash up. My vote would be the 110 V8 air box and filter - 'kin massive filter and the elements are cheap and off-the-shelf. Pick the air boxes up for pennies at Sodbury from people who have "upgraded" to blingy ones.

The old original box is unused and sitting on me workshop floor, yours if you wnat it FOC just pay the postage, if you wnat a puic I'll do one and post up ?

Takes a HUGE filter, the modification to it is the entry hole for the air, other than than standard

Oooh - look what I found....................................... a piccy :

edis001Medium.jpg

Nige

Nige, many thanks mate, but my V8 is on carbs and has two elbows to a filter on each end. Not sure how I could use some hose to make a Y piece to join the two carb elbows to the inlet on your old box.

Many thanks for the very kind offer though.

That picture had me really worried. I was thinking, "he has forgotten to put the HT leads on the dizzy! Then I noticed the leads all terminate on that "black box". You running a megasquirt on there??

Nige, many thanks mate, but my V8 is on carbs and has two elbows to a filter on each end. Not sure how I could use some hose to make a Y piece to join the two carb elbows to the inlet on your old box.

Many thanks for the very kind offer though.

That picture had me really worried. I was thinking, "he has forgotten to put the HT leads on the dizzy! Then I noticed the leads all terminate on that "black box". You running a megasquirt on there??

MegaJolt not Squirt.

Enclosed piccy, this shows the air box from a V8 90, which as std has 2x carbs !

abMedium.jpg

I probably have most of this in the shed, need to go have a lookie, but fairly certain I have most of it ?

If your interested then I can shove the whole lot in a big box and post to you for P&P and a drink on top ?

Nige

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...