Heater not working

Hi all,

I've been racking my brains out why my heater isnt working right, basically it doesn't blow any hot air at all, there is a very slight difference between cold and hot but very slight.

I've checked the pipes they are both getting hot, the flaps inside are working as they should, the cable are all set correctly, the matrix it self looks fine no holes, I've flushed the system as to landrovers method still no joy.

Is there anything else that I should check

No I haven't checked the thermostat will do tomorrow, as for it warming up it dosen't take long and the gauge go halfway and stays there.

Mine was taking a long time to warm up as thermostat was stuck open and that was stopping the heater doing much unless you were going up a steep hill. If yours is warming up quickly then your thermostat is probably ok, but if you have checked everything else you can think of then it won't do any harm to have a look.

taking it back to basics, is the blower motor working? (ie: can you feel the difference in airflow when you switch on the blower?) had to replace mine recently and prior to that you could barely feel the heat on account of the very little air passing through.

before you jump and think thermostat... its worth checking that the flap inside the heater box is at least moving.... it might just be that the lever has become detached form the operating arm... mine did!

All ready checked them both flaps are working as they should.

If both pipes are getting hot, and the flaps inside are working OK then surely either the matrix is full of kak and water is only trickling through or there is an air lock in it.

Isn't there a trick to getting the air out by jacking up the front end or something?

Well I've checked the thermostat and that's working fine I'm really stumped now.

I think the next thing to try is pull the heater out again and take the matrix out and connect the pipes up and see if it's getting hot. Other than that I'm lost if it is an air lock in the heater how on earth do you get rid of it?