What material for making steering arms ?

zim

Morning,

As a hobby i seem to bend steering arms :lol: either that or my winch man is blind :unsure:

I'm sick of buying them, so since my recent aquisition (colchester student) i'm going to make some instead.

What tube / bar am i best off using ?

I have space for 38mm to fit in the lathe.

Cheers

Gordon

Nick (roguevogue) has a supplier for the Left hand tap that wasn't too spiteful.

Si

Cheapest i have found was just over £100 for "As New, surplus stock" 11/16 16tpi UNS tap. Not cheap :blink: Buggers know its important! The right hands about £25 :D

Will keep an eye on ebay.

I've just been looking up tre's on the net, a lot of them list them as 11/16 x 16 UNF. But a lot of people talking on forums talk about 11/16 x 16 UNS.

Can anyone tell me the difference please ?

Cheers

Gordon

UNS is Unified Standard, or Special, as opposed to fine or coarse. It is often specified for tubing applications, and is particularly to do with the tolerances used with it.

The 11/16" size does not feature in the coarse or fine series. It has 11/16" dia and 16 TPI, the thread form is Unified; and that is the same whatever the pitch. So the UNS designation is correct, not UNF.

im running en36 on my car G, and its blinning strong, i have managed to tweak it but i did so by launching the car around 3 ft into the air followed by me landing sideways on to a fell tree... just after i towed you up the field at mowcop last year

im not running TRE's no more, i got fed up of busting them off so ive got some big rose joints.

i have got a spare but its abit wider that the lr track rods due to running toyota axles

try to stay on your wheels more too, i find that always helps

in the last two weeks i've not rolled :lol: and i played with the modifieds trialing on sunday :P