Theives in Caterham

CwazyWabbit

Went to get in the 110 this morning and the drivers door wasn't properly closed, quite strange I thought as I am quite anal about checking it when I get out. Then when I sat in the drivers seat I noticed the dash lights were all on, the ignition was in the on position. With the right key you can't actually take the key out with the ignition on so I know some buggers been in the car :( I have a pedal lock fitted and I'm guessing they didn't notice till they were about to drive off, or they got disturbed.

So all in all no damage has been done thanks to the really carp locks Land Rover have fitted they were able to open the door and turn the ignition without damaging it. Just a bit worried they will now return.

oh dear!! when i get a defender, the first thing im doing is fitting a tracker!!!! im glad they didnt get it!! got to ask, what you doing about your landy's security :unsure:

(i assume you informed the old bill, see if they could find D.N.A??)

Edited by Landy-Novice

good point! i didn't think of that :ph34r:

Well yesterday I did some 'Stuff' to it and today I'm picking up some other 'Stuff' so I can do more 'Stuff' to it ;)

In fairness the pedal lock stopped them the first time, and yesterdays stuff made it so the only way you could move it was via a hiab. Obviously I'm being deliberately sketchy here ;)

Main point of original post was to point out that Land Rover thieves are in the Caterham area at the moment and not to get complacent about security. They didn't damage any locks so I guess they weren't just chancers, not sure how they missed the bright yellow pedal lock though :blink:

I did notice a new looking silver discovery pull up in front of it the other day, a tanned bloke stared at it without getting out of his car for a few minutes and then drove off..... (I was painting the front of the house at the time and my car was outside a neighbours).... hmmmm... probably me just being suspicious.

they may not be chances but they are certainly blind! :P i like the sound of the new 'stuff' ;) tanned bloke? :moglite: sounds dodgy!! did he see you staring at him staring at the land rover? lol

Nah, I was using my stealthy painter and decorator disguise ;)

i have two german shepherds and a sodding great x-bow and or a x-bow pistol you could borrow, and also a bloody huge hunting knife to use to cut their nuts of with.

Thieving sodding scum all need drowning.

Glad you still have your pride and joy.

With the '' extras'' i have fitted to mine i can possitively confirm its going know where

i have two german shepherds

been reading about 'extras' for a few hours now and 1 post was this (and i quote!) :ph34r: :ph34r:

dont use dogs to protect your stuff from pikeys.

there were 2 incidents in Wakefield last year where they threw food over a fence laced with ketamine (horse tranq) to shut the dogs up at private industrial units. Waited a few minutes then popped over and let themselves in.

iirc in both cases the dogs died.