Thinking of getting a td5 disco - do they all have abs/etc?

gilloverland

They all have ABS / traction control / HDC. Spec varies depending on trim level as you'd expect.

Look for rust on the chassis especially at the back near the spring mounts. Body is usually not too bad.

People will tell you to avoid air springs but they're much more comfortable and better for towing.

Its a 1985 station wagon, rebuilt on a galv chassis with 300 tdi engine. I've just moved house and as soon as the V5 comes back with the new address I'll be listing it in the 'for sale' section and on ebay, I've got the wording ready for the ebay listing which goes like this:

For sale is my 1985 Land Rover 110 station wagon. I have rebuilt this over the last few years starting with a galvanised chassis and using a good 300 tdi engine and an R380 gearbox and bulkhead. I then built up the 5 door body using a lot of new parts including all seatbelts. I then had it resprayed into Arles Blue. It is a 5 seater and has the series 3 'van' panels in the rear load area making it like the modern 'utility spec' defenders. In the rear load area is a mobile storage systems store chest mounted on the left-hand wheel box. There is also a dog guard which keeps the passenger area seperate and makes the rear more secure. In the front is a moulded matting system from exmoor trim to keep things quiet. I have fiited an Iron Goat centre dashboard mount which has cigarette lighter socket, a 12v DIN power socket, a voltmeter, air pressure guage for the on-board air system, accessory switches and a sony cd/mp3/USB player. I have upgraded the dashboard to one from a TD5 including the digital speedo and led type warning lights which is a massive improvement over the standard version. There is a heated windscreen fitted which works and was a god-send last winter! It also has a pair of genuine landrover 'wolf' type headlamp guards.

The rear door is the later pressed steel 02my onwards type and there is a swing away wheel carrier fitted. There is a dixon bate adjustable tow hitch also.

All the rear light units are the brighter NAS spec. The front door bottoms were new with the rebuild and have been waxoyld, sound proofed and trimmed. The front door tops are ex military alluminium with twin sliding glass. The middle doors are also two pieces, the bottoms have been repaired and painted before being trimmed, the tops are alluminium to match the front with twin sliding glass. The front bonnet has mounts for an extra spare wheel. There is a milemarker H12 hydraulic winch mounted to a mantec winch bumper, the winch runs from its own zf74 pump mounted on the engine (where the air-con pump would be). The controls are mounted to the Iron Goat dashboard. There is an 8mm thick alloy steering guard and both the track rod and drag-link are enclosed within greasable 'dan-bars'.

I also fitted a raised air intake on the correct side for a 300tdi and this has the breather pipes from the axles and gearboxes running up it. It has galvanised rock sliders fitted which I painted black.

In the battery box is a maxima spiral cell battery along with the accessory fusebox - it is a very neat installation. In the drivers side toolbox beneath the seat is the compressor, this fills a 2.5 gallon tank to 150psi, the switch and guage are on the dashboard. It has a standard coupling allowing the use of air hoses and tools.

The transfer box is fitted with an extra deep sump from rocky mountain which increases the oil capacity without hanging down any lower than standard.

The roof rack is a heavy duty galvanised item from Brownchurch (as per the Camel trophy), it has a rear access ladder and the two front struts which put the load to the bulkhead rather than the windscreen.

It has 5 land rover heavy duty steel 'wolf' rims and 235/85r16 Goodyear MTR tyres which are about half worn.

This 110 will make an ideal overland/ safari/ expedition motor. The only reason that I am reluctantly selling this labour of love is that I have a baby on the way and need something a little more practical that the misses will drive! I have many more photos than ebay can list so if your interested send me your email address and I will forward you them.

The only downsides are that I had the vehicle resprayed after I built it so the interior is not all blue (red rear tub and 'B' posts). Also I never managed to find a good headlining at a decent price so there isn't one fitted - it would be well worth fitting one though before winter.

You are more than welcome to come and have a look /inspection, I have loads of paperwork, invoices and receipts for the parts I bought for this project. There a few spare parts that will come with it.

Contact me via ebay or gilloverland@hotmail.co.uk or mobile .............................

Land rover is Located near Wakefield West Yorkshire

I'm looking for around £5k for it...

Will be sorting the photos out this weekend.

Modchop - yours sounds a bit too much (and probably too new) for me. I'm wanting an earlier one for the cheaper tax and to reinstate the diff lock, hopefully have enough change from the 110 to kit it out for greenlaning!

This is a pic from tonight taken on my phone:

110.jpg

• 2 weeks later...