Snow tyre - recomendations for make model and from where ?

Hybrid_From_Hell

Living in Leeds. I find the only hinderance of getting out about in the landy when its snowing is not my tyres. Its the thousands of 2wd cars without snow tyres blocking the roads!

That pretty much sums it up - I have no problem getting around when the roads are clear - just need to get rid of all the other stuck cars from the roads

My road car (Audi) has winter tires on already - frequent business/ pleasure trips to moutinous part of Europe kind of make it a necessity

My vote is for Nokian Hakkapelitta. I run them spiked on my Defender as well as the Saab. We also have them on 3 other cars in the company.

I've never driven a better winter tire. I guess you might not want spiked ones living were most if you people do, but it's really a great snow/ice pattern.

Edit. To be honest. The Defender is the one needing them the most. 4 wheel drive is great for getting forward, but quickly bringing the car to a halt is the real problem in slippery conditions.

My AT²s are decent and fun in the snow, but they're no real snow tyre.

We have Vredesteins on the Mini and that thing kept going last winter, I once tested it in a corner in deep snow, turned the traction control off and floored it - the tyres didn't even blink at it.

While on my Rangie any application of what little power I have causes the AT²s to break loose, not that I mind, just need to know what you're doing.