OT - Ceramic Tube

bishbosh

I need to find a short length of ceramic tube - say 50mm long.

OD and ID can be quite wide ranging - OD no more than about 12mm and ID no less than 2mm.

It is to act as a heat shield for my bbq ignition wotsit - the insulation has been burnt off and it now arcs to the bbq case rather than in the combustion chamber and doesn't light the gas :(.

Eblag only has short lengths which are not going to work. Anyone got any other sources that don't require me to order several hundred units?

Cheers,

Bish.

If you could increase the size for the OD it might be worth a look at the shrouds for either a plasma cutter or tig welder.

Some aren't to expensive and you maybe able to aquire one a bit to knackered to use but good enough for your purposes.

I have a piece of ceramic tube that you can have, but it might be a bit delicate for your needs. - ID 3mm, OD 6mm, length 260mm. I'll be travelling down the M5 past Western on Monday mid-day ish, or can drop it off at 'Turbocharger's house, if you ever get up that way.

That sounds pretty much perfect! don't need all of it though! If you can leave it with John I'll sort out collection. Very generous of you - thanks!!