Clutch NO Pressure

Hi All

just been out in my 200TDi 1991 and as i hit main road i had no clutch pressure and also no clutch so have driven home changing gears on note of engine..........yes my knuckles know how good i am at that.

I am guessing a hydraulic fluid is first to check then what?

Thanks

I know not everyone will agree with me but IMHO I would also change the slave if the master cylinder has gone or vice-versa as depending on which one has gone because in my own personal experience if ones gone then the other won't be that far behind(unless of course the other item is reasonably new as it'd save a bit of time later), and of course I would'nt use anything else but either genuine or a good make of after market slave/master cylinder-stay away from B***p**t as that'll be a false economy and you'll be doing the job again sooner than you think

hth

John

I would agree with the suggestion to replace master- and slave-cylinders together.

If the fluid has been left in the system for so long that the master-cylinder's gone 'soft' then it's invariably gunged-up, cloudy/lumpy and moisture-contaminated to the point where it will have messed-up the slave too.

While you're doing the job, do it properly.

--Tanuki.

"I'm going to excommunicate you with my bishop and trample you with my horsie." --Chess.

Replacing both at the same time is a must. I was a bit daunted with the task at first but after reading up didn't find it to bad. Worst bit was bleeding the system after. Had to resort to length of 3x2 jamming the clutch pedal to the floor, left overnight, Next day full clutch.